Friday, February 17, 2012

sunset

Have I told you about the magic that happens when the sun sets on the flat lands? The last rays of the day dance on the horizon. The sky is cast with deep orange hues and crimson light barrels into country homes. For a sweet moment everything is more meaningful, you are full with natures gift and think only of what surrounds you. 

Emily and I went on a photography adventure last Sunday night. These are my favorite photos from the shoot. Im not sure if I can use them for the project originally intended, so instead, I've decided to share them with you, and have composed a Haiku to accompany them. Every so often I am compelled to write a Haiku, it's a great way to express an overwhelming sensory emotion that you experience through nature.  
--

cold wind pinching cheeks
A red sun stretches her arms
Snow comes tomorrow


I must be feeling emotional, I can sense spring in the air, and I had a really great week. It's not very often when your family life, work life, and personal projects all live harmoniously together, and even benefit eachother ... but I really appreciate it when it does happen. 

Have a great weekend! 

1 comment: