Thursday, February 16, 2012

Jude, The Kid.

Well, It's official. We have a kid, not a baby, not a toddler, a full blown, four year old kid. It's certainly hard to believe that 4 years could pass so very quickly, but you know what they say about time ... they say all sorts of things about how it goes quickly and this and that. 
Today was one of those crazy days that included working, three meetings, hanging streamers, wrapping presents, making horse cupcakes, throwing a birthday party ... you know a regular day in the life of a mom. 

The horse cupcakes totally paid off though, right!? 
I owe Hello Cupcake for the idea and tutorial. Here's a quick run down on what they entail:

Head: circus peanut candy, dipped in white chocolate and chilled
Neck: two chocolate wafers pasted together with chocolate frosting
Body: chocolate cupcake frosted with chocolate frosting
White frosting was used for the hair, chocolate frosting was used for the eyes and nose. Sprinkles and drizzled white chocolate added to the neck and body. 

It was at the moment that Jude devoured the entire horse, head to cupcake, that I was truly satisfied with this endeavor. 
She's a natural birthday girl. 

Happy Birthday, Judith. You are the most incredible little girl. You made our lives, you absolutely made our lives.  


8 comments:

  1. I really can not believe she's 4, I remember when she was just a little baby with her cute curly hair. Happy Birthday to Jude! She's awesome and so are those cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when you helped me decorate her first birthday cake and joined us for the celebration!
      Thanks Liz <3

      Delete
  2. I cried when I read this. She's just precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Timi, I cried when I wrote it! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  3. I love that line, "you made our lives, you absolutely made our lives". It's the exact sentiment I have for my first born...I love it. :) Also Jude is ADORABLE. Beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just amazing, aren't they Jill :) Such little people making such big impacts.

      Delete
  4. Jude is just filled with the wonder of life and discovery and has the cutest little smile. I'm so glad she came into your lives. Love those horse cupcakes. Happy birthday, big girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes are amazing, just like Judith! Your pictures of her really capture the zest and love that Judith has for life. It has been such a joy to get to know her (and her family) at Tiny Tech. I can't wait to hear about her birthday party at school on Tuesday.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete