Wednesday, February 15, 2012

To Paper or Not to Paper?

This is the question that I need help with ... what do you think? Here are some inspiring paperings that have me swooning and convinced that I will love it forever. When I remember my fickle and spontaneous nature, I cringe at the thought of actually removing the wallpaper at some point. This is today's first world problem ... HELP!

Listed from favorite to least favorite. I want something that will feel country and reminisce of a time passed. I can TOTALLY work with a granny look, or the look of the wild wild west. Im thinking of it for the dining room, or possibly the parlor, it would be a full room paper job, not a one wall deal. What's the saying? "If you're gonna get wet, you may as well swim"? 




Book Nook traditional family room
via: Houzz

So what will it be paper or no paper? 

5 comments:

  1. Ok, well the thought of wall papering an entire room does freak me out because it just seems so permanent and maybe I have commitment issues. But honestly it seems like the kind of challenge you would be up to and if anyone can pull off wall paper it's you. I have no doubt that you would make it look fabulous with whatever furniture or accents you choose to place in the room. And even though I know you probably put so much thought into your interior design you're so good at it that you shouldn't worry. Just go with your gut feeling and do it. In your mind right now it's hard to visualize because you're worried about one day having to take it down. So what if you have to take it down one day, chances are it won't be anytime soon. And once you have it all done I doubt you'll even hate it a little bit. I believe you will love it. I like the wall paper in the middle image the most. I love the idea of using a wall paper that reminds us of a time passed.... if anyone can work with vintage/granny it's you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a hundred plus old farmhouse. I love bright colors. Everyone kept saying they don't work together. Well, I quit listening and jumped. Best thing I ever did. My tangerine bathroom makes me smile everyday! Our red hallway, yellow living room and hot pink/white beadboard computer room feed my soul.Folks that come to visit always respond positively. I have had many comments that they wish they had the courage to go bold. If everytime you look at the paper it makes you happy~do it. Life is way to short to live someone elses decor! (can't wait to see the decision in pictures!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the best advice I've heard all day ... I want my home to feed my soul!

      Delete
  3. In your antique house, wallpaper is a natural. I wouldn't worry about the future. Chances are, someone else would be taking it down anyway, unless you and Brett intend to live in that particular house for decades. I love wallpaper. Lots of decorating bang for the buck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda! I might have to hire you to come over and help me hang it :D

      Delete