I have a little time this morning to fit in a personal post ... the kind of post I like to do once a week to document how I'm feeling and to hold myself accountable to act on my convictions.
Last night I totally blew it and did nothing productive. I was going to do some painting and instead I decided to watch movies. Everyone needs a movie night every now and then. I didn't have a lot to choose from so I watched two movies that I have seen before. 1.How Do You Know, I actually love the cast of that movie. And 2. Eat Pray Love, which I've seen a few times and it breaths knew meaning every time I see it. I need to read the book.
You might be wondering what profound meaning the likes of Paul Rudd and Julia Roberts were able to inject into my mind and spirit. Allow me to share my lessons, some are quotes, others are messages.
1. You can't give yourself the right answers, unless you're asking yourself the right questions.
2. We are always just one minor adjustment away from making our lives work for us.
3. God dwells within you, as you.
4. Forgiveness to others and yourself is the path to freedom.
5. If you abandon what you know as comfort for what you don't know at all, and embrace the unknown as your new comfort, you will find your truth.
6. Treat all people that you meet in your life as teachers.
7. Balance is never letting anyone love you less than you love yourself.
Every spring I have the sensation of being reborn. It's bittersweet in the way that I wish I could be this inspired and thoughtful throughout the course of the year. Each year I try to commit myself to something that will bring me back to this inner balance. I really hate hot weather, so I blame the heat of the summer for throwing me off my chi ... kidding, sort of.
Don't forget that Sunday is Daylight Savings. Remember that hour that fall gave you? Well Spring is taking it back ... unless you live in Arizona, then you're safe.