Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sneak Peak #2: Progress on the Mudroom

We have seriously been working day and night on this little mudroom re-design. I CAN'T wait to show you the finished room... errrr, I mean,  I can't wait until the room is actually finished!! I feel like this project has made me at least 3x's handier than before, which is pushing me really close to the official title of "handy lady". 

Anyway, one of my favorite things about this room is that it's undergone a huge transformation and we haven't spent a cent on it outside of paint. Being cheap is an obsession that I never thought I would have, but I have the bug, what can I say. 

This room may have cost us next to nothing, but we did risk untimely death by climbing the barn ladder in Brett's grandparent's old barn to find some usable barn wood for the room. Death by rabies and rusty nail impalement was also risked during this process. It's a miracle that we're still alive. 


Here I am pulling rusty nails from some old boards we found. Brett and I pulled nails and scrubbed the boards. Then Brett cut them to our pre measured dimensions and voila. Actually pretty easy. 


 And here's burly Brett carrying our cut barn boards, like a boss. 


And here's the dog that lives on this property, she didn't help at all! sheesh. 


Okay, this wasn't as much of a sneak peak as it was a reminder that we're working on something ... awesome! Stay tuned! 


No comments:

Post a Comment