Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Love Story, Starring a Sofa.

My mother, in her infinite wisdom, says it's all about being in the right place at the right time when it comes to shopping for those perfect vintage items, which is why you should shop ... every day. Hello, so true, I totally need to get out more! In this case someone did the work for us. Brett's brother sent us word of this $50 sofa delight in a neighboring town, we knew it wouldn't last so we took a mini trip and snatched it up! It's being delivered to us, but the snow storm today might delay it a day or two ... can't wait to show you how it looks in our parlor! This is an iphone pic of it sitting in the store.

Do any of you shop vintage? If I had my way I would never buy a single new thing... besides the slightly more personal things, if you know what I mean. A couch isn't an easy thing to buy second hand, you sort of have to get to know it and make sure it's... well... clean. Once this pretty girl gets delivered I will take you through the steps of thoroughly cleaning second hand upholstery. 

Stay tuned later today for a post on the new home office nook! 


1 comment:

  1. This couch is awesome. And I'm dying to see your office nook post because maybe I can get some pointers for my little office nook!

    ReplyDelete