Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DIY Apothecary Drawers

I showed you a desk that I gave new life to earlier this week. Remember I removed the drawers from it? Well If you're wondering what happened to those drawers, you're in the right place to find out. 

Apothecary drawers are trending big right now, and I admittedly share the sentiment that they are just awesome! I love having empty drawers around to file papers in, house the kids' coloring books, or keep office supplies in. They have gobs more character than plastic baskets, and if you don't have extra room in your closet, drawers will add a little charm to your house. 

I decided to remove the drawers from the desk and repurpose them as storage containers. The original knobs were plain circular wood and blended into the drawer. I actually really like the natural wood look of the drawers and wanted to achieve that apothecary drawer style so I didn't paint but looked around for a hardware replacement instead. I found some FAB card holder bin pulls and knew what had to be done. 

I love the simplicity and old world charm that these drawers have ... the card pulls are amazing and all have unique and gorgeous patina. 
This is an extremely simple DIY that has a really cool result .. try it! 



4 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to keep this in mind if I decide to take the drawers out of my desk! I love the idea of using it to file papers or store office supplies. I feel like if the drawer is out in the open I'm less likely to keep it a giant mess but when the contents of the drawer are hidden away inside the desk.... chances are I have no clue what's stashed in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! A standalone drawer helps me organize, an actual drawer is my worst evil!

      Delete
  2. I love what you've done with these drawers - so simple, yet so lovely!

    ReplyDelete