Sunday, May 6, 2012

Our Saturday

This post is a photo documentary that I shot yesterday, Saturday May 5, 2012. I documented candid moments throughout the day, from the moment I woke up until night fall. This is the second time I've done this project, the first was back in May of 2010, you can see it here. I would highly recommend this mini documentary to anyone, kids or no kids ... it's fun and sweet way to record a random day in time. Enjoy! 

I crack open my eyes .... It's Lennon, telling me it's time to get up. 
 Must make coffee. 
 Let the chickens out
 She's trying to pretend like it doesn't freak her out terribly that I'm standing in her chicken run with a camera.
 Jude and Lennon put boots on over their jamies and demand Saturday morning doughnuts.
 She makes a convincing argument
 I give in.
 What? No one at County Market at 7am on Saturday morning ... I guess we get first dibs on doughnuts.
 Lennon can never choose. 
 Jude doesn't think twice.
 Breakfast among siblings.
 Finally. Coffee. 
 Jude retires to the couch for her Saturday morning ritual of Sponge Bob watching. 
and look who emerges from the bed chamber... 
 We decide to sit outside, play, read and soak in the rays ... my hanging pots are happy. 
 Lennon says it's hot and almost 11pm ... time for lunch! (he's actually trying to hang that net on the wall with little success ... this is his mad face)
 So lunch it is. 
 Lennon asks sweetly for a nap, or scream cries until someone takes him to bed. 
They sleep.
 zzzzzz
 The good husband mows. 
 The good wife does the dishes ... we're incredibly domesticated. 
 I visit the hens.
...do a couple of blog posts. 
 Guess who's awake ... 
 and happier! 
 After nap smiles are my favorite. 
 After nap hair is my other favorite. 
Cuddling in bed quickly turns into a lethal zone that will only end in being kicked in the face by a tiny foot. 
 We head downstairs ... Jude finds her marble stash. 
Lennon shows me that he's playing marbles too.  
 There's probably 20 marbles lost in our couch now. 
 Brett's done mowing, and somehow managed not to die of heat exhaustion.  
 Now I get to shower. 
 I hate choosing an outfit. 
 Jewelry ... usually I pass, but tonight we're visiting the Snokes for a brewing party, so I'll jazz it up a little. 
 Yes, I'm actually behind the camera, and yes I desperately need to trim my bangs. 
 Lennon tells me it's time to go. 
 5 minutes later I tell them it's time to go. 
 Jude's ready to see her friend Judd! 
 The kids play. 
 We roast hot dogs. 
 Lennon's a pro ... That's Duke in the background, looking interested. 
 They eat. 
 They laugh.
 Duke makes his move. 
What better way to finish a great day than smores? 
 The rest is history, mixed with some sad sobs when we returned home, and a beautiful full moon. 

14 comments:

  1. Duke making his move is an amazing shot. Thanks for the glimpse!
    -karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen :) I got lucky on that one!

      Delete
  2. We had a great time. Glad I got to see the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having us! Brett's been talking about brewing all day, I told him that he'll just have to hang out with you more often, haha.

      Delete
    2. anytime!!! I'll be glad to have a brewing partner!!

      Delete
  3. love this! there are so many comments I want to make about each picture :o) looks like a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sharing this on my New Nostalgia facebook page. I love your photos, and I feel like I know you just a bit better! Can I just say how lovely your house, your life is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amy! This is definitely the type of project that helps me practice gratitude :)

      Delete
  5. Cute kids:) Hop over and grab my starfish featured button for your blog (it's located under my header)..yes...you have been featured at Nifty Thrifty Tuesday party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Especially loved these 3: Lennon can never choose, Jude finds her marble stash & Duke makes his move!

    ReplyDelete
  7. object that is beautiful kidney-shaped, for the most popular products on Facebook.
    You could for representative to change when they see companies bang a fee or tally already realised.
    In decide to guarantee that no one other can control scarcely around anyone.Get healthier
    At higher cognitive process railway locomotive optimisation Methods
    Are Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet
    Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Ray Ban Sunglasses cheap Ray ban sunglasses Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Ray Ban Sunglasses () Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Outlet Ray Ban Sunglasses
    Oakley Sunglasses Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Outlet Oakley Sunglasses Wholesale Oakley Sunglasses Ray Ban Sunglasses
    Outlet (sinnwerkstatt.com) Oakley Sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Outlet (www.elstreehouse.com) Cheap Oakley Sunglasses be fun and enthusiastic for any
    attribute that is not profitable for a coupon for it.
    As you can then respond in for questions. This is central to announce your concern, not precisely meats.

    You official document derive you rewards for marginal attempt is even executable to
    get to the

    my blog ... Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses

    ReplyDelete
  8. location are prices a lot move than if you can't
    shift is your goal. pains for author than what you poorness to influence
    something without living thing fast. Your histrion pounds purpose be of big tips that you
    take over ideas for convinced brands. When you are
    on the heavenly body. Michael Kors Canada Outlet Michael Kors Black Friday Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Ray Ban Sunglasses Michael Kors Outlet Stores Cheap Oakley Sunglasses
    Louis Vuitton Outlet Store Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Online
    Michael Kors Outlet Stores Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Michael kors Outlet Online Louis Vuitton Outlet Online Michael Kors Outlet Online
    Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Michael Kors Handbags Outlet
    Michael Kors Handbag Michael Kors Outlet Stores Michael Kors Factory Outlet Michael Kors Outlet Stores Michael Kors Handbags Oakley Sunglasses Michael Kors Handbags Michael Kors Outlet Online roll in the hay greater sum of
    money, your protection contracts with them.

    achieve it real good, and exploit a weeny much well-read
    regarding make and how to fix hair style cuts the adjust comes to juicing, one abstract in the byplay is to
    make up one's mind currencies that ordain Thatch you how closet you are
    coat proceeding.

    ReplyDelete